The purpose of this Code of Ethics is to establish uniform rules of conduct for all L.I.F.E volunteers in support of L.I.F.E’s mission. The reputation for fairness and excellence depends on the collective commitment of our Board of Directors, Officers, Executive Director, Committee Members, and volunteers working together in a manner that merits trust and confidence from our communities and the youth we serve.
To inform volunteers and potential volunteers of the policies and operating procedures of the Laredo International Fair & Exposition (L.I.F.E Fair). This is not a contract for employment and/or compensation for volunteer work hours. The primary objective of this document is to reinforce accountability for responsible and mature behavior in all who represent our L.I.F.E organization.
II. Standards of Conduct
- a. I will adhere to the spirit and the letter of all policies, procedures, rules and regulations of Laredo Fair. Any illegal, immoral or unethical actions are unacceptable and willful violation shall result in appropriate disciplinary action.
- b. I will manage business affairs so as to avoid situations that might lead to conflict, or even suspicion of conflict, between one’s self-interest and one’s obligation to the L.I.F.E organization. An individual’s position must never be used, directly or indirectly, for private gain, to advance personal interests or to obtain favors or benefits for himself/herself or a member of his/her family.
- c. I will keep the interest of the Laredo International Fair & Exposition foremost in mind while providing assistance to spectators, performers, and participants of the Laredo International Fair & Exposition.
- d. I will acknowledge and support the proper and authorized uses of Laredo International Fair & Exposition of Webb County equipment and resources.
- e. I will be honest and trustworthy, avoid harm to others, be fair and not discriminate and respect the privacy of others.
- f. I will avoid making financial commitments without advance approval by the Laredo International Fair & Exposition Executive Board, President or General Manager. All statements to the media are to be approved in advance by the Laredo International Fair & Exposition President or an Executive Committee Officer.
Responsibility, with commensurate authority for communicating and assuring compliance of the Code of Ethics, is placed with the President along with the Board and Executive Committee. The Executive Board shall act as a peer review committee to review any instance of misconduct, impropriety, or the appearance of either.
IV. General Policies and Procedures for Volunteers
- Appropriate attire must be worn at all times.
- If you know you will be absent or late you are to notify the Volunteer Committee Chair as soon as possible.
- You are responsible to update your personal data (i.e., phone number, address, etc) with Executive Director of LIFE.
- Observe all safety and security policies and report unsafe conditions to LIFE Board.
- No disorderly, disruptive conduct or behavior that endangers others will be tolerated.
- Any federal, state, or local criminally recognized act or group is prohibited.
- Smoking is prohibited. The Laredo International Fair & Exposition is a public event and smoking will not be allowed while on the fairgrounds except in designated area.
- No firearms or other weapons are allowed, regardless of whether bearer holds a concealed weapons permit; law enforcement officers while on duty are excluded.
- This list is not all inclusive and may be modified at any time by the L.I.F.E management.