Public Relations & Marketing Manager
Laredo International Fair & Exposition (L.I.F.E.) is seeking a Public Relations & Marketing Manager to create and maintain a favorable public image for the organization. The Public Relations & Marketing Manager will develop a proactive PR strategy around key dates and campaigns, will compose media releases and pitches to meet strategic objectives and analyze and report on media coverage, as well as coordinate, plan, and execute fundraisers. The ideal candidate will be bilingual (English/Spanish,) have excellent interpersonal skills, the ability to think and write creatively, and a passion for making connections. They will be proactive, reliable, responsible, and accurate with an attention to detail.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
• Creating and running public relations strategies around key dates and campaigns
• Serving as the first point of contact for marketing projects and fundraisers
• Establishing relationships with 4-H, FFA, county offices and key donors
• Helping to promote L.I.F.E.’s mission and vision through strategic campaigns, social media, community events, and fundraisers
• Partnering with digital content media firms to increase PR opportunities
• Managing crisis communication plans as needs arise
• Composing nominations for annual non-profit award submissions
• Write content for website, newsletters, annual reports, and donor communications
• Plan and execute occasional media events
• Plan and execute new projects, fundraisers, and events
• Assisting with executive operations and presentation preparations
• Develop strategic outreach plan to promote L.I.F.E.
• Managing executive online presence on different social media platforms
• Soliciting in-kind media partners for fundraising, community events, and key campaigns
• Generate new revenue through innovative projects and fundraisers
• Assist with grant writing applications and solicitations
• Any other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
• Minimum two years of work experience in public relations, customer service, non-profit, fundraising, sales, or related field
• Bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in journalism, communications, marketing, business administration, finance, public administration, public relations, or related field
• Non-profit experience, preferred
Ideal Candidate Must Possess:
• Strong background in writing
• Strong interpersonal communication skills
• Social media and computer skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, reprioritizing as new needs arise
• Self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision and highly collaborative
Please provide a completed background release form.
Salary is negotiable, and commensurate with experience
Interested candidates please submit resume and a list of three (3) references of current or previous supervisors, along with official transcripts and background release form to: email@example.com. For more information or additional questions, please call 956-722-9948.
Laredo International Fair & Exposition is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics, including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.